Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Progress!

I actually managed to get a couple things done off my project list yesterday--yay for me! The first is a Duo-Tangle for the monthly challenge from the zentangle group over at Chocolate Baroque, and still working with the colored cardstock I did a little Springkle/Knyt piece. I so wanted to fill in little bubbles or springies or something!! It was hard to restrain myself to just the two patterns. A little shading, a little highlight, and I tucked it away before I was tempted to add more...aaahhhh! Thanks for a great challenge Paula!

 
 
Next up I finished a birthday card for a friend that needs to go out in the mail ASAP...and then I realized I need to do another one! Hopefully I can get that done today, though Fridays are rushed since the kiddos are done early from school and we have plans to go pre-bowl this afternoon...but the next card doesn't need mailed out quite as quick as this one, so not a big deal if it needs to wait a day or two...This one again has a wash of sparkly gel pen that just doesn't want to show up with the camera...who doesn't love pink icing?? And still working on my Blueberry Loft logo...
 
Then!!! I had the most wonderful surprise in my mailbox yesterday! I signed up for a zentangle bookmark swap on Facebook late last year and all the bookmarks were to hit the mail on Monday. Here's a shot from the hostess of some of the bookmarks she'd received from swap participants all over the world--wow!! I can see the one I sent in--the sixth one back in the middle row...Love all this glorious zentangle!!
 
And this is the one I got back--love it!!!
Front
 
Back
Next swap I've signed up for is a photo mat exchange (which I need to remember to pick one up at Michaels soon!! What? Shopping at Michaels??? Darn the luck!! Hahaha!) Just having too much fun! Happy Weekend and Happy Creating!!
 
 
As your day begins, may the Father’s blessing be upon you. Be His quiet and holy representative. Be the one who takes a stand for that which is right. Be the one who reminds the world of what really matters in our world. Be the voice of God and the promise of eternity.
 
“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father encourage you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. God loved us, and through His grace He gave us a good hope and encouragement that continues forever.”
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

1 comment: