Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Postcards Done

I finished the third postcard for the swap over at Artists in Blogland last night (yes, I did say night--haha! Girl's been sleeping in 'til five lately and staying up 'til nine...look out!!) We'd gone to dinner with Ash and Kyle at Freestones, one of my favorite, favorite restaurants here...oh so good!! If you ever go, be sure to ask for a basket of 'Freshies'. I don't care what else you order, everyone must have Freshies!! Freshies are Freestone's take on croutons--but they're great big chunks of warm, toasty, butter soaked garlic bread that tenderly melt in your mouth and make you forget about the world for just a little while...Oh Freshies, how I love you!! You don't even have to get a salad to enjoy these tasty, toasty bites--they'll bring you a basket just of Freshies and ask if they're enough. There's never enough Freshies!!! So I obsess...wait 'til you taste, you will concur...

Anyways--the postcard swap! Here's my third installment and a group shot of all three together:
Ixorus, Phicops, and Reticulated
My trio
 
And, here we are at another new week again! I'm rethinking my Idea Journal page as well and rather than making it a weekly thing, I'm thinking I may want to just do a monthly page. There are too many, many little things pulling at my attention and there are many more things that I actually NEED to accomplish and creating a pretty little weekly page of reminders of what I haven't gotten done...that's one simple thing to whisk off my pile of Need To's for now. I'll sketch up a thought for a Valentiney February page to do, um, closer to February (I know, it'll be here soon enough...gahhh!) and get back to more important projects that need my focus.
 
Today is shopping day with Ash! Look out Taunton and the Silver City Galleria!! Though, I'm not really planning on buying anything...I hope to try on some new running shoes then order them off Amazon, but other than that, I really don't need a thing. Ash, however, is going on vacation and will need all sorts of fun vacationy new things!! I'm just looking forward to a fun Girls Day Out! Yay!
 
Everyone enjoy your new week! I think we're rooting for the Patriots tonight (I forget who Mr Hubby wants to win the first game...oh football...I'll be so glad once this season is over again!! Blah!) Go, um, Pens!! Haha!
 


8 comments:

  1. Those are great! I haven't started mine yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so now I have to get started on mine, 'cause yours are so great and I want at least one sent to me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super - I love snail/ammonite images & these just look fascinating the way they spiral.
    Hope you had fun with the shopping.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! Hope you're feeling better! We had a great time shopping--I found lots of pretties I didn't know I needed! Haha! We're dangerous shopping together!

      Delete
  4. Another beautiful one! Your spiral with windows must have been floating in the back of my head when I did my collage as I've echoed its placement on my drawing. They're all stunning, Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen--I was actually inspired by the windows and spirals in some of your collages! I love the depth and that 'peeking in' feeling =0) You should do the postcard swap--they're coming from all over the world!

      Delete
    2. They're fun to play with, for sure :) I'd love to, I'm too overcommitted as it is, trying to do about 10 projects at once before I have to head back to school in 11 more days (eeeek!)

      Delete