Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Mail Art Monday

I'm hoping to get my blog posts organized weekly in an effort to post more regularly and to also maybe keep myself on track with different projects rather than dabbling at random (though that's not always a bad thing...sometimes it just helps to have a little focus...)
 
So, to start us off, another favorite fun art blog, Mail Me Some Art, has started Mail Art Mondays to link up mail art related blog posts, share tutorials, and spread a little inspiration. Since I've been participating in Random Acts of Mail, a spin off group from National Letter Writing Month, I thought it would be great to link up with Mail Art Mondays and post pics of the cards and artsy mail I'm working on (and, hence, take care of my weekly Monday posts! Tada!)
 
Last week's cards--a zentangly card and simple hello--all Sharpie love
 
This week's RAM postcards on watercolor paper, Derwent watercolor pencil: Beachy waves and another Funky Town

A possible new logo I played with last week...my initials turned into DaydreaM Designs...??
One final little heads up note, artist Roben-Marie Smith is hosting a new online class about--you guessed it--Mail Art!! Check out her blog post, Every Life Has a Story, for a chance to enter and win a spot for free in this fun workshop! Yay!
 
All rightee, tomorrow will be a catch up on the week's ICAD...hope to see you then!
 

Mail Me Some Art
A linky to the Mail Art Party
 
Are you playing?


3 comments:

  1. beautiful cards! what's "random acts of mail"? I'm going to poke around here and see if I can learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      We have a Facebook group that sends out homemade cards and 'happy' mail to folks who need a bit of cheering up due to illness, work issues, plain old life...It's run by Lindsay Ostrom and you can drop her a line at lindsayostrom@yahoo.com if you want more info =0)

      Delete