Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Day Three: Somethin's Brewin' Book Cafe

Day Three is our final coffee shop review and I've saved the best for last: Somethin's Brewin' Book Cafe in beautiful Lakeville, MA. This one's a bit out of my usual roaming sphere and there's really no other reason for me to go to Lakeville--but for that special treat when I'd like a wee escape, it's worth the time and scenic drive to get there.

 

More than just a pretty face, this place has some history to boast about as well. Somethin's Brewin' is actually Lakeville's old public library building that was funded by a donation from Andrew Carnegie back in 1912. This historical site remained open until 2005 when Lakeville's new library opened, and Somethin's Brewin' moved in to maintain the authentic essence of the building in the heart of the community.

And, in the spirit of the old library, shelves of books line every wall of the cafĂ© where you can sit and read while relaxing with your favorite brew or snack. Their menu sports several blends and flavors of coffees, specialty lattes (my favorite is their Naughty Vanilla!), smoothies, teas and cocoa, an assortment of sandwiches, soups and seasonal salads, and of course, decadent desserts to appease your sweet tooth!

 
The walls are also decorated with artwork from local artisans, available for purchase. I'm kinda sorta hopin' to get some of my stuff in there someday...hey, why not, right? So, go soak up a little history while you sip on your favorite flavored coffee beverage, browse a few books and enjoy some artful pretties! Somethin's Brewin' definitely won't disappoint!

Finally, I just wanted to share a quick shot of the journal page I whipped up yesterday. I've been wanting to start a Scripture journal for quite a while but just never got around to it. Then, a few old journaling challenges kind of brought about some inspiration, I broke out a mixed media journal and got to doodling and lettering:
The thinking is to do an A to Z journal of Scripture inspired verses and quotes. Beginning with Abundance, I naturally thought of an autumn harvest. I only wish the paper would've held up better to my watercolor washes...I'll have to use less water next time or more dry media instead...



 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment