Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

April is Here!

Is anyone else having trouble keeping up with this year? Spring and now April are suddenly upon us, ready or not...I know most of the world is ready to be done with winter weather and, I have to confess, I'm ready for some warmer weather myself. It's so much easier to convince my hubby to take me to the beach when it's not windy and freezing out there...After all, there is a time and a season for everything, right? And it is officially spring...Snow wouldn't be so much fun if we had it year round...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebration! We started ours super early (5:45am) in the dark, on the beach, and yes, it was freezing--twenty-eight degrees!! But! It was so beautiful seeing the sun rise over the water, listening to the seagulls wake and take flight over us, watching the fishing boats coming in to harbor...gorgeous way to begin our Easter day!

Super early O-dark thirty

Here comes the sun!

Sleeping New Bedford

Seagulls shared in the service

We even had a baptism! How cool to be baptized at the ocean on Easter morning!!

Easter morning breaks on New Bedford

Butler Flats Lighthouse-built in 1898

This was actually Saturday's sunset seen from our patio door--we have the most gorgeous skies here!
 
More cards for NLWM! Ya' gotta have a snail, a little Zentagled new pattern Weben,
and a whole lotta love flowing from the mailbox!

And, it's official!! National Letter Writing Month has begun!! I've sent out a dozen cards so far, four more going out today...I'll post pics of all the lovelies that land in my mailbox this month--I can't wait! Love, love, love fun mail!
 
So, happy Monday! Happy April! Happy Spring!
 

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son,
that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through Him.
~John 3:16-17
 


2 comments:

  1. We too have stunning sunsets. Your snail certainly looks a happy chap.
    Take care
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitly have one of those relationships where the friends love each other to peices but are very different when it comes to snow,location, what time we get up in the morning. I live almost as far south as you can go and you live almost as far north you can go. I love the heat and you like the snow. You are a morning person and I am a night owl For now at least. This year has gone by so fast. Bri leaves for college in August. It has been it has been 5 months since one of my friend came to visit. That is a story for another day. I love to tangle you are good and mine are well, uhhh I don't know what mine are. What ties us together most of all HARRY POTTER. Did you know Hogwarts doesn't accept the FAFSA. Brianna was so dissapointed she settled for Baylor.

    ReplyDelete