Today's the final wrap up of Index Card A Day at Daisy Yellow--what a fun challenge to play along with these past two months! I didn't complete sixty-one cards or get to play every day, but I really enjoyed the prompts and experimenting with different techniques and materials that otherwise I never would've tried! Some cards were great, a couple went to the trash, others just tucked in my box to hopefully find purpose somewhere else later on...And I still have a bunch of cards left to play with for whenever the whim hits me! Here's my latest set of cards:
|Crayon resist and masking fluid with watercolor|
|Paint drip prompt--the top is acrylic, then I splattered watercolor EVERYWHERE!! Too fun!|
|A little Inapod tangle for the Ogee prompt and then the flowers came out of the concentric circle prompt. |
I have fallen head over heels for doodle flowers!
Index Card A Day: Questions Gallore
- Have you tried new techniques, themes, mediums, materials, palettes, pens? Yes, I played with glue masks and different types of resists, experimented more with watercolors--fun!
- Do you look forward to your creative time each day? Definitely and feel frustrated on days I don't get to play
- Have you made a little time each day for the past two months for a bit of art? Not always--life sometimes gets in the way.
- What did you change about your schedule to allow time for art? No changes but definitely looked forward to that time every day
- How did you feel when you skipped a day? Frustrated, sort of felt cheated out of my play time
- What was it like to make an extra card? Great--felt like I was a little ahead
- Do you carry art materials in your backpack or purse for those little gaps in your day? I always have pens and paper to scribble on
- Have your creative ideas bloomed or faded? Most certainly bloomed!
- Are there any techniques or cards that you would like to create in a larger format? Oh yeah, already working on those!
- What did you learn about yourself? It was fun to just play and not feel pressured to create a finished 'piece'--just let go and experiment and see what happened.
- Will you continue your theme or series? Yes--exploring doodly flowers =0)
- Are you ready for something fresh and new? Yes!! Daily Paper Prompts!!
- Do you love flipping through your cards? Yeah, it's fun to see all that I did the past couple months.
- Did you underestimate the impact of this simple challenge? Yes!
- Did this inexpensive, flimsy canvas surprise you? Yes--who knew so much fun could hide in such a simple pack of index cards!
- Do you adore that pile of blank cards, that stack of potential? Totally!
- Did you surprise yourself? Definitely
- Did you stick to the challenge? I did miss a chunk in there...
- Did you have fun posting to the Flickr group or the FB group? The FB group was fantastic--so inspirational to see their amazing cards!
- How many cards did you complete? 42
Thanks Tammy for such a fun summer challenge!!
Every time I put my memory card in the computer to upload my new pics, this is the first photo I always see--Baby Tucker the day we brought him home, almost two and a half years ago (and my Bugga! How cute are these two??) Tuck's well over 100 lbs now and every ounce full of love and silliness and every day I kiss him right between those sweet brown eyes...Just had to share!
So here ends ICAD for another year! Tomorrow begins Daily Paper Prompts for August and September--looking forward to that! Thanks for taking a peek--Ihope you have a great Wednesday!