Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Gettin' in Gear! NLWM 2013

I'm so excited! The final pen pal list went out last night for National Letter Writing Month...Ninety-eight people participating from all across the county, continent, and a couple from down under! I had to laugh a little when I saw my pen pal for the month lives about five minutes from me, right here in New Bedford...We could walk our mail to each other! That's okay--it's good to have friends close by and I am planning to TRY to mail to everyone on the list--I wasn't expecting so many participants, though...I don't know if that's a reasonable goal--four notes/letters/cards every day (not including Sundays, of course...) I may end up just doing a random pick from the list if that gets too overwhelming and try to get to as many as I can. Either way, I have no doubt that April is gonna be a whole lot of fun! I'll have to leave a little goodie for the mailman by the end of the month for all the extra effort I'm putting into his day. He's a sweetie, though-I'm sure he won't mind! Haha!

So I did get two more notecards finished yesterday, spray inked some envelopes with my handy dandy homemade inks from my stash of old acrylics--way super cool! I really need to step it up production wise, though! I think I have a dozen cards ready ? Eighty-four more to go....oh boy! Hahahaha! And that doesn't include any replies...feeling swamped, maybe?? No pressure...

Two 'Extreme' Doodle Flower cards--Love how they turned out but I really, really wanna play with some color now!!

Ooo, there's another card I haven't posted yet! Experimenting with the spray ink. Realized spraying envelopes is NOT a project for the kitchen counter...this stuff goes EVERYWHERE! Ooops...

My pretty homemade inks! Cheapy spray bottles from Target, a few dribbles of (seriously) old acrylic paints, water, a bit of Mod Podge and Perfect Pearls (gotsa be glittery, girl!) and Shazah!!! A lovely little rainbow to play with! Will definitely be making more as soon as I can pick up a few more spray bottles!!
 
Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend--you all know what I'll be doing! Yay! 
 
May God give you the confidence of Daniel to face any crisis. May you have the assurance of Moses and Abraham that God is on your side. May you be willing to let God work things out according to His plan and in His time. Never interpret God’s silence as God’s absence.
 
“Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power. Lord, you do everything for me. Lord, your love continues forever. Do not leave us, whom you made”
Psalm 138:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment